Product feature: Red beans powder are made from cooked red beans and do not use any additives.
Red Bean Strawberry Shortcake
Baking time: 15-20 minutes Serving size : 6 (about 12 cakes)
2 ¼ cups rice flour
4oz Red bean powder, (sifted, discard whole bean from Original)
1/3 cup sugar + 3 tablespoons
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1cup butter -- cold and cubed
½ cup milk
1 tablespoon butter -- melted
1pound strawberries, sliced
Whipped cream -- optional
1) Place strawberry slices into a medium bowl, sprinkled with sugar and let stand 30-60 minutes to render its juice.
2) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with grease wax paper and set aside.
3) Mix in flour, bean powder, sugar, baking powder and salt.
4) Cut in cold butter using a pastry blender, 2 knives or the tips of the fingers until mixture resemble coarse crumbs.
5) Stir in milk, a little at the time until dough is wet but not too sticky. (Different flour brand absorbs liquid differently).
6) Turn mixture into a ball onto a floured surface.
7) Knead dough about 10 times. Roll dough flat about 1 inch and cut biscuit about 3-4 inches wide or into squares if desired.
8) Arrange biscuits touching each other, brush top with melted butter and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
9) Bake biscuits for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
10) Remove biscuits from oven. When able to handle, cut biscuits into halves.
11) Top each biscuit half with about a tablespoon of strawberries to resemble a sandwich.
12) Top the shortcake with strawberries and whipped cream if desired.
Write a review
Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: